1. Main characteristics of rice flour
A white powder with particle sizes between 100 µm and 280 µm.
Rice flour has an extremely low moisture content and an extra fine grain size. Starch is the main component of rice flour, making up about 80% of the product.
Rice flour is obtained by grinding grains of rice. This process of turning rice into flour is called flour milling.
2. Main applications of rice flour
Rice flour is used in the food industry as a thickening agent in many food preparations such as soups, sauces and creams. This is because rice flour prevents solid / liquid separation.
Rice flour is often used in Asian cuisine for making noodles, rice cakes and spring rolls.
3. Industrial handling of rice flour
The most common rice flour handling operations in production facilities are storage, transfer, sieving and packaging.
To supply traditional and industrial bakeries, millers have large capacity packaging and storage solutions such as silos.
The flour is generally packaged in 500 g or 1 kg paper bags for “general public” distribution. Some packages can contain up to 40Kg of product. This packaging in a paper bag allows easy handling on a trolley, as well as storage which protects the flour.
Rice flour stored in silos can be emptied into trucks or transferred to be packaged in big bags, for example.
4. Equipment applications for treating rice flour with Palamatic Process
To respond to the packaging, transfer and storage issues of manufacturers using rice flour in their production process, Palamatic Process teams have developed equipment dedicated to this product.
Emptying silo into trucks
Control sieving at the process inlet
The vibrating screener provides a clean product, free of foreign bodies, and protects your production line from possible mechanical damage or even pests. The sieving phase at the entry of the process ensures a high-quality product.
Mechanical powder transfer
Screw conveyors: tubular transfer screws allow the transport of rice flour at different speeds. It allows the conveying from one equipment to another on the process line (for example: operation in extraction under silo for sieve feed).
The Easy Clean version ensures quick and efficient cleaning.
Palamatic bagging machines are intended for semi-automatic or automatic bag filling, particularly in open-mouth bags. The packaging of the rice flour can also be carried out in big bags. Our Flowmatic® range offers big bag filling solutions adapted to your constraints.
5. Customer applications with Palamatic Process and rice flour
Palamatic Process supports manufacturers processing rice flour in their production process. Several Palamatic Process installations handling rice powder are currently in operation. Here is an example of a similar installation for wheat flour:
- Flour unloading installation from tanks to storage silos ensuring zero foreign bodies or impurities introduced into the process. A pneumatic transfer booster equipped with a filtration system allows the transfer of flour while controlling the quality of the air used for the transfer.
- Process of sifting and transferring flour for making rolls for loading kneaders. This company wanted to set up a system of sieving and pneumatic transport of several ingredients to the final kneader. The motivation was to reduce the manual handling of loads and guarantee a production line free of any foreign body.
Contact our powder experts to come and test your powders in our testing station.